- Multicloud GitOps
Organizations are looking for a way to develop and deploy applications on open hybrid cloud in a stable, simple, and secure way. This hybrid approach includes multi-cloud deployments where workloads may be running on different clusters on different clouds - private or public. This also requires an infrastructure-as-code approach that manages versions and being able to deploy based on specific deployment configurations.
The pattern is derived from work done by the Red Hat Portfolio Architecture team
- How to use a GitOps approach to manage multiple cloud deployments in both public and private clouds.
- How to centrally manage multiple clusters, including workloads.
- How to securely manage secrets across multi-cloud deployments.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (Kubernetes)
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management (Open Cluster Management)
- Red Hat OpenShift GitOps (ArgoCD)
- Hashicorp Vault
At a high level this requires a management hub, for DevOps and GitOps, and and infrastructure that extends to more than one managed clusters running on private or public clouds.
For additional logical, physical and dataflow diagrams, please see the work done by the Red Hat Portfolio Architecture team
- Deploy the management hub using Helm
- Add a managed cluster to deploy the managed cluster piece using ACM